The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the assigned department by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
* Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
* Maintains filing systems as assigned.
* Implement clerical duties and administrative processes
* Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
* Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
* Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
* Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or supervisors.
* Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
* Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
* Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
* Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Order office supplies and Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
* Bachelors degree in related field preferred
* Proven experience in administrative role
* Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Strong Organizational and planning skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as record keeping and filing
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work